Creating Future Global Business LeadersCreating Future Global Business LeadersThe KUBS undergraduate program aims to nuture future business leaders by cultivating student creavity, entrepreneurship, leadership and integrity, all with a global perspective.
* [Undergraduate] 2019-2 Guidelines for Minor Application, Fall 2019
Guidelines for Minor Application, Fall 2019 ※「Korea University Constitution」Article 36,「Administration of Academic Affairs 」the first clause of Article 7 - A minor requires 21 credit hours apart from your first major - A second major does not count towards a minor, and a minor is not indicated on graduation certificate. - An incomplete minor cannot be the ground for deferring graduation. 1. Eligibility: Students who (1) have specified their first major, and (2) have completed more than three semesters, and (3) are enrolled in Fall 2019 ※ Applications by students who are on leave of absence on the corresponding semester will be ceased. 2. Applicable Areas of Study: 1) Students may not apply for a minor from the department of their first major or relevant (cross-listed) course. 2) Students may apply for courses from Anam Campus that are not open at Sejong Campus as a minor. 3) However, if the relevant course is opened both at Anam and Sejong Campus, students must register for a minor from their designated campus. 4) A minor from the College of Education can only be granted to students whose first major is from the College of Education. ※ Note: A ratio of the number of students taking minor courses at the College of Education is 10%, applicable to entering class of 2006 and 2007. Students who commenced their degrees from 2008 may not apply for a minor at the College of Education due to the abolition of Teaching Certification Requirements (by the Ministry of Education) 5) The minor application is not accepted by the School of Law, College of Medicine, College of Nursing, Department of Cyber Defense, and College of Pharmacy. ◎ Registration Period: September 2, 2019 (Mon) 10:00 AM - September 20, 2019 (Fri) 5:00 PM ◎ Where to Register: Department office of your first major ◎ Registration Process: 1) Complete the attached application form. 2) Complete a designated course list from the department office of your preferred minor. 3) Ask for a signature from the Department Chair of both your first major AND preferred minor, and seal. 4) Submit the completed application form to the department office of your first major ※ Depending on department offices of your preferred minor, applicants may be asked to submit an academic transcript. -Please find the attached application form and designated course list below. ◎ Withdrawal of minor application KUPID (http://portal.korea.ac.kr) – Registration & Graduation – Registration – Withdrawal of Multiple Majors August 14, 2019 Academic Administration Division Education Team
NEW [학부] 2019-2학기 진리장학금 Entrepreneurship Academy 프로그램 신청 안내
2019-2학기 진리장학금 Entrepreneurship Academy 프로그램 신청 안내 1. 진리장학금(프로그램 기반 장학금) 소개 •프로그램 기반 장학금은 본교 학생들을 고려대학교만의 경쟁력을 갖춘 인재로 육성하기 위한 장학금으로써 학업·연구 성취도 제고, 자기 개발및 자기 설계 지원, 개척하는 지성 육성 및 미래 인재 양성을 목적으로 합니다. 그 중 경영대학에서는 도전적 기업가 육성을 위한 활동 중심의 Entrepreneurship Academy 프로그램을 기획하여, 2019학년도 진리장학금 사업에 선정되었습니다. 2. Entrepreneurship Academy의 목적 및 목표 •“도전적 기업가” 육성을 위한 혁신적인 교육 인프라 구축을 목적으로, 첫째, 벤처기업 성공 사례 교육을 통해 기업가 정신이 깃든 리더를 양성하고, 둘째, 기술, 사회, 문화 등과 같은 제반 학문들이 자유롭게 어우러지는 창의/융합형 교육을 제공합니다. 3. Entrepreneurship Academy •특강을 통해 창업에 필요한 관심 분야의 정보(e.g., 투자유치, 회사설립, 세무회계 등)를 획득하고, 렉처시리즈에 참여하여 창업과 관련된 멘토와 네트워크를 형성하여, 학생들의 창의성과 개방성을 배양하는 것을 내용으로 합니다. 아래의 2가지 활동으로 이루어지며, 2개의 군으로 나누어 참가 학생을 선발합니다. •첫 번째 군은 아래의 과정 중, (1) 활동을 합니다. •두 번째 군은 아래의 과정 중, (1)-(2) 활동을 합니다. (1) 렉처시리즈 •월 1~2회의 렉처시리즈에서 스타트업, 기업가 혁신 관련 현업에 종사하는 멘토를 초빙하여, 현업의 실무 동향 및 창업 전략 등에 대한 경험과 조언을 공유하고 창업에 필요한 네트워크를 구축합니다. 또한, 예비 창업가들의 고민사항을 해결할 수도 있습니다. •일정은 아래와 같이 계획되어 있으며 변경 시, 별도로 안내합니다. 회차 일시 연사 1 2019.09.10(화) 18:30 – 20:30 루트임팩트 정경선 대표 2 2019.10.15(화) 18:30 – 20:30 히든트랙 오정민 대표 3 2019.11.19(화) 18:30 – 20:30 스파크랩스 세션 4 2019.12.10(화) 18:30 – 20:30 임팩트스퀘어 도현명 대표 (2) Startup Express(창업경진대회) •경영대학 스타트업 연구원에서 주최하는 2019 Startup Express: Winter Season(12월 6일(금) 진행 예정) 참가를 위해 활동합니다. 해당 학생은 Startup Express에 서류 제출을 하는 것이 필수입니다. Startup Express의 수상팀은 일진창업지원센터 입주 기회와 입주 시 운영비용을 제공 받습니다. 4. 신청대상/장학금액 •신청대상 : 고려대학교 2019년 2학기 서울캠퍼스 소속 학부 재학생 - 단, 세종캠퍼스학생, 외국인, 휴학생, 수료생, 대학원생, 학점교류생, 외국대학 협정교 소속 교환학생 신청불가 •합격인원 : - Entrepreneurship Academy (1) 활동 군: 00명 - Entrepreneurship Academy (1)-(2) 활동 군: 00명 • 장학금액 : - Entrepreneurship Academy (1) 활동 군: 200,000원 - Entrepreneurship Academy (1)-(2) 활동 군: 250,000원 5. 활동 결과 및 평가 계획 •선발된 학생은 매 세션 참석 후, 셀프 리포트(세션 내용에 대한 간략한 정리 및 느낀점)를 작성하여 제출해야 합니다. •선발된 학생은 프로그램 종료 시, 정해진 양식에 따른 설문지와 역량 변화 보고서를 제출해야 합니다. •2019년 9월부터 12월까지 정해진 활동에 모두 참여하고 결과 제출 시, 장학금을 지급합니다. 6. 일정 및 제출 서류 •신청일정: 2019년 9월 2(월) 오후 2시까지 첨부된 Entrepreneurship Academy 신청서를 작성하여 firstname.lastname@example.org로 보내주시기 바랍니다. - 메일 작성 시 메일 제목 및 신청서 제목을 반드시 “2019-2 Entrepreneurship Academy 신청서_학과_학번_이름”으로 하여 제출해 주시기 바랍니다. •제출서류: 2019-2 Entrepreneurship Academy 신청서(첨부 양식) •서류발표: 2019년 9월 4일(수) 오후 5시 이후 7. 유의사항 •첫 활동은 9/10(화)에 시작되므로, 합격 후 바로 활동에 참여 가능하신 분들만 신청바랍니다. •활동이 대부분 화요일 오후로 계획되어 있으며, 출석확인서는 발급되지 않으니 참고바랍니다. •총 4회 렉처시리즈 중 2회 이상 불참 시 장학금 지급대상에서 제외됩니다(*1회 결석까지만 인정) •Entrepreneurship Academy (1)-(2) 트랙 신청 후, Entrepreneurship Academy (1) 트랙으로 변경 불가능하지만, 반대의 경우는 가능합니다. 8. 기타 자세한 문의는 경영대학 스타트업 연구원 (02-3290-1699, 2551)으로 연락 바랍니다.
* [Undergraduate] Diploma Distribution for August Graduates
1) Distribution Date: Starting August 23, 2019 (Fri) ~ 2) Time: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 3) Location: Room #103 in KUBS Main Building 4) You may designate someone to pick up your diploma for you (please bring a copy of the graduate’s ID card, third party’s ID card, and power of attorney form). However, your diploma cannot be mailed. 5) The diploma cannot be reissued. 6) The Certificate of Graduation can be issued starting August 23; 18:00. (Internet Access: Portal-Info Depot-Internet Certificate Verification System) 7) Inquiries: 02-3290-2702 (Department Office of Business Administration), 02-3290-1144 (One-Stop Service Center) ※ Graduation Ceremony will only be held in February including graduates in August. ※ Business Major/ Dual Degrees are expected to attend the ceremony, apply in February. ※ Will inform about graduation gown in February.
* [Undergraduate] 2019-2 Online Application for Leave of Absence/Return Notice
[Undergraduate] 2019-2 Online Application for Leave of Absence/Return Notice 1. Registration Period : August 1 (Thu) 10:00 ~ August 26 (Mon) 17:00 ※ http://portal.korea.ac.kr - Registration & Graduation - University Registration – Absence/Return Application 2. Leave of Absence · Return Process Portal Application → Department Office of Business Administration Data Processing → Status Check by Academic Advisor 3. Leave of Absence · Return Process Guide Category Contents Application Methods 비고 Leave of Absence Regular Leave of Absence Online Application (No attached documents) → Approval Return Regular Return Online Application (No attached documents) → Approval ※ Starting from 2018-2nd semester, online application for Regular Leave of Absence due to medical issues is not accepted, hence students must bring a medical certificate (at least 4 weeks) from a general hospital as well as a disease leave of absence to the Department Office of Business Administration. ※ Starting from 2018-2nd semester, online application for Leave of Absence/Return Process has been changed to ‘Department Office of Business Administration Data Processing’ followed by ‘Status Check by Academic Advisor’. Please keep this in mind when processing your application. Attached Documents : 1. 2019-2 Leave of Absence/Return Notice 2. 전역예정증명서, 서약서 및 취학승인서 양식 (2019-1 신 양식) 3. 사회복무요원 복무확인서, 서약서 및 취학승인서 양식 (2019-1 신 양식) 4. Disease Leave of Absence 5. Humanities and Social Sciences Administrative Office Contacts 6. Natural Sciences Administrative Office Contacts 7. Sejong Campus Administrative Office Contacts July 2019
* [Undergraduate] Fall 2019 Tuition Payment in Installments
1. Eligible Applicants - Students who have paid the first installment after submitting a tuition payment in installments application online within the application period* - The following students are NOT eligible for payment in installments: a. Freshmen, transfer students, readmitted students, and students on a leave of absence in the first semester of 2019 b. Students registered for an extra semester (exceeding their ninth undergraduate semester or fifth graduate semester) in the first semester of 2019 c. Research students who have completed their graduate courses (completed research students) *All students with scholarships covering less than 25% of their tuition or tuition bills without any scholarship reductions are eligible. 2. Application Period Classification Application Period Tuition Payment in Installments Approval Apply August 22 – 29, 2019 (by 16:00) College department offices and administration offices 3. Application Method KUPID → Tuition Payment/Scholarship → Payment in Installments Application → Apply 4. Payment in Installments Period Period Bill Printing and Tuition Payment Period First Payment September 2 – 4, 2019 (by 16:00) Second Payment October 1 – 4, 2019 (by 16:00) Third Payment November 1 – 5, 2019 (by 16:00) Fourth Payment December 2 – 4, 2019 (by 16:00) 5. Printing Bills for Tuition Payment in Installments KUPID → Tuition Payment/Scholarship → Tuition Payment in Installments Bill → Print 6. Amount of Tuition Payment in Installments Classification Amount of Payment First Payment 25% of tuition fees + Other payments Second and Third Payments 25% of tuition fees Fourth Payment 25% of tuition fees – scholarship amount (will be deducted or separately awarded) 7. Notice a. Students who have made the first payment must make the second, third, and fourth (final) payments. b. Students who have made the first payment are considered enrolled students. c. If the final payment is not made, the student’s enrollment will be canceled, and the first, second, and third payments will not be returned. d. If tuition is not paid in full by the payment deadline, the student will be expelled from school pursuant to relevant regulations. e. If students who have made the first, second, or third payments wish to withdraw or take a leave of absence from school, they must pay the remaining balance in full. (Tuition refund regulations for withdrawing students will be applied later.) f. Scholarship recipients (students who have applied for the payment in installments of less than 25% of tuition) will receive the fourth bill with the amount due after the scholarship deduction has been applied. g. If a student does not pay his or her tuition within the designated period, he or she will not be eligible to pay in installments for the following semester. 8. Application Procedure for Online Payment in Installments a. KUPID → Login → Tuition Payment/Scholarship → Tuition Payment in Installments Application b. Click Application after reading the instructions regarding payment in installments. c. Check personal and guardian’s information. Make corrections if needed. d. Complete application by clicking the checkbox for guardians’ consent after consulting with guardians. Type in a guardian’s cell phone number. (A guardian’s consent is not required for graduate students.) e. Print out your bill by clicking Payment in Installments Bill for the given period after receiving approval for payment in installments. f. Make payments within the designated period. g. Students wishing to cancel the payment in installments must click Cancel Payment in Installments before making the first payment. (They must then print out a regular tuition bill during the tuition payment period and pay tuition in full.) h. Approval for payment in installments is made by tuition-related offices (college administration offices and department offices).
[Undergraduate] List of Cognate Courses Approved as Major Electives
This is the list of cognate courses (courses taken in other departments) that are approved as major electives. Please note that the cognate courses below will not be automatically classified as major electives when checking the “Graduation Assessment” menu on the Portal. However, when the staff conducts the graduation qualification review, the courses will be recognized as major electives. Course No. Department Course Title Remarks JURA158 Department of Law Corporation Law Ⅰ JURA159 Department of Law Corporation Law Ⅱ JURA305 (=JURA251) Department of Law Administrative Law I Recognized as similar course JURA306 Department of Law Administrative Law II JURA332 Department of Law Remedies in Administration Law PAPP150 Department of Public Administration Introduction to Public Administration ECON333 Department of Economics Public Finance (English) ECON334 Department of Economics Public Finance (English) ECON201 Department of Economics Microeconomics ECON202 Department of Economics Macroeconomics ECON335 Department of Economics International Finance IFLS161 (=IFLS309) The Institute of Foreign Language Studies Business English Course Reorganization Recognized as similar course IFLS162 The Institute of Foreign Language Studies Business English Lab EGRN320 Department of Engineering Introduction to Technology
* [Undergraduate] The result of fulfillment of graduation requirement for Graduation in August 2019
The result of fulfillment of graduation requirement for Graduation in August 2019 As for expected graduates in August 2019, you can check the result whether you meet the graduation requirement or not as below. ▣ When : August 16 (Fri) 11:00 ~ August 20 (Tue) 17:00, 2019 ▣ Where : KUPID-> Enrollment/Class-> Graduation information-> Graduation Results-Pass/Fail